Sunday Morning - Bible Classes meet at 9:30 AM
Sunday Morning -Worship follows at 10:30 AM
Wednesday Evening - Bible Classes Assemble at 6:00 PM
November 28, 2021 December 5, 2021
East Side Dan Sommers Larry Nicholson
John Stracner Grant Raper
West Side Clayton Rogers Dan Sommers
Mike Reid Mike Reid
Alternate Larry Nicholson Clayton Rogers
Prayers needed for our country, for our National Leaders, State Leaders, Local Leaders. Do pray for those sick, especially those with the virus. Pray for those who have lost loved ones. Pray that each of us are working and doing the will of God. We need to pray for each other and show our love toward all including our enemies. Pray for the doctors and nurses working with the Covid-19 patients. Pray for our Law Enforcement Personnel County and State.
Ted Knight will be our speaker plus give an update on his work.
VBS at Downtown Church of Christ. Classes for the whole family. Time: 7 p.m.
Is improving from the shoulder surgery and doing exercise at home.
Needs continuing prayers.
Had chest pains Thursday morning but with medication got over it.
Has completed the radiation treatments and will have a CT scan as soon as it is scheduled.
Will have surgery tomorrow (11-29). She has been feeling good but had a problem with her stomach Thursday.
Has improved some and feeling better. She has good days and some not so good ones.
Pam Garcia Lee
Is healing from the burn and doing well.
Is taking chemo and radiation treatments.
Has health problems and not doing well.
Has improved a lot and is at home. She cannot speak well yet and uses a walker to help her move about.
Is hoping to be here at church today.
Has severe immune system problems. He is waiting for a bed in a Little Rock Hospital.
Is improving and feeling better but still coughing with the congestion.
Has been diagnosed with throat cancer.
Is hoping to be here at church today.
Has severe health problems. He is the grandson of Jimmy Dale Jones.
Has cellulitis in her right wrist and hand. She has carpal tunnel syndrome in her right wrist, also.
Got a good report on her tests.
JOHN and KIMBERLY BREWER,
J. O. DREWRY,
EURA FAYE NORWOOD,
JAMES and RUBY MAE ELKINS,
TED and BARBARA KNIGHT,
ODELL & JOAN EUBANKS,
CLARA MASON DOTSON.
The day that is called “Thanksgiving Day” has come and gone for 2021. Many have truly enjoyed being with relatives and friends to visit and enjoy good food. Do we continue the “Thanks” to God each day as we did on this holiday. GIVING THANKS ALWAYS FOR ALL THINGS. Eph. 5:20.
Thank God for the dirty dishes, they had a story to tell; While others did go hungry we've all eaten real well. With, home, health and happiness we shouldn't want to fuss, By the stack of evidence God's been so very good to us!
The art of Thanksgiving is Thanksliving. It is gratitude in action. We don't want to live on GRUMBLE STREET but in a house on THANKSGIVING STREET. There are too many blessings for each of us to name but we can remember to thank God each day if we have a grateful mind.
Thanksgiving means “giving thanks.” It is a time to think and thank. In Sign Language you use your left hand to point to your head (think). To make the sign for thank, bring an open, flat right hand from your mouth forward. Now try signing THINK and THANK at the same time. Here are twelve guidelines to help us as we think and thank.
1) Think about and give thanks for what you have instead of thinking about what you do not have (Eph 1:16).
2) Think about being content with what things you have (Phil. 4:11).
3) Think of your family and friends. Pray for them and love them. They need you and you need them. Let them know you are thankful for them (I Cor. 1-4).
4) Think of others. Do a kind refreshing act for that special someone today (II Tim. 1-16).
5) Think of God's blessings and benefits each day (Ps. 103:2).
6) Think positive thoughts and avoid being so negative about things (Phil. 4:8).
7) Think about making a difference in the life of someone this day (Ps. 118:24).
8) Think about letting your thankfulness be known to all men at all times (Phil. 4:5).
9) Think of people. God is interested in people. Don't love things but love people. The best things in life are not things but people. Love is your greatest gift (I Cor. 13:13).
10) Think of eternal things that are everlasting instead of earthly things that fade (Col, 3:1).
11) Think of the day. You still have life and the opportunity to share it with family and friends. You have breath to praise Him for the great things He has done (Ps. 150:6).
12) Seek to build good memories. Things in life change but good memories remain. Make the days ahead the best you have ever known. DO IT! (Phil 4:9).
Thanksgiving is more than a day in November That students of history are taught to remember. More than a date that we still celebrate With turkey and dressing piled high on our plate. For while we still offer the traditional prayer, We pray out of habit without being aware. That the Pilgrims thanked God just for being alive, For the strength that He gave them to endure and survive. Hunger and hardship that's unknown in the present, While progress and plenty have made our lives pleasant. And living today in this great and rich nation That depends not on God but on mechanization. We tend to forget that our forefathers came To establish a country under God's name. But we feel we're so strong we no longer need faith And it now has become nothing more than a wraith. Of the faith that once founded this powerful nation In the name of the Maker and the Lord of Creation. Oh, reach us, dear God; we are all pilgrims still, Subject alone to Your guidance and will. And show us the way to purposeful living So we may have reason for daily thanksgiving. And make us once more a God-fearing nation And not just a puppet of controlled automation. --- Helen Steiner Rice
I thank Thee, Lord, For gentle hands, For beauty shining O'er the lands. For air to breathe, For time to pray. I thank Thee, Lord, for one more day.
Larry Nicholson (501)289-2346