Sunday Morning Bible Classes meet at 9:30 AM
Sunday Morning Worship follows at 10:30 AM
Sunday Evening come together at 6:99 PM
Wednesday Evening Bible Classes Assemble at 6:00
Minister Elder Elder
STEVE SEXSON LARRY NICHOLSON MIKE REID
(501)669-2247 (501)669-2550 (479)880-7634
(501) 593-6956 (501)289-2346 (479) 880-6478
* But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Heb. 11:6).
* Despise not thou chastening of the Lord, for whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth (Heb. 12:5-6).
* Refuse not Him that speaketh (Heb. 12:25).
* Offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to Him name (Heb 13:15).
* Receive with meekness the en-grafted word, which is able to save your souls (James 1:21).
* Submit yourselves to God (James 4:7).
* Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray (James 5:13).
* Is any merry? Let him sing psalms (James 5:13).
* Fear God (I Peter 2:17). * Sanctify the Lord God in your heart (I Peter 3:15).
* Commit the keeping of (your soul) to God in well doing (I Peter 4:19).
To be completed next week. Are we obeying these 42 ways now?
December 8, 2019 December 15, 2019
East Side Larry Nicholson John Stracner
Odell Eubanks Grant Raper
West Side Allen Eubanks Clayton Rogers
Mike Reid Dan Sommers
Alternate John Stracner Allen Eubanks
Ronda Sommers (12-9),
Jolie Barrett (12-13).
COME AGAIN SOON!
Ted Knight will give an update on their work for 2019 and some plans for 2020. He will be the speaker for the morning worship service, also.
YOU (Youth Outreach University) at Robinson & Center Church of Christ. Registration Deadline – December 31, 2019. More info on the bulletin board.
Greta Brewer passed away November 16th. No memorial service was planned. Greta was dedicated and volunteered her time to “ Infant Crisis Services, 4224 N. Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, Ok., 73105.” Memorials can be sent in memory of Greta to the place where she had an interest and gave her time. If anyone has a question the e-mail address is: <www.infantcrisis.org>. Greta was the daughter of John and Kimberly Brewer.
Betty Coffman passed away Thursday. Visitation will be this afternoon 2-4 p.m., at Lemley Funeral Home, Atkins. Funeral will be Monday at 2:00 p.m., at Lemley Chapel. Interment will be at Walnut Grove Cemetery, near Hector.
Shirley Wilson had the correction surgery and is doing real well.
Lois Griffith is slowly improving.
Rylee Raper is improving from the procedure and doing well.
Dewitt Yingling has experienced kidney failure and has been placed on the list for a transplant.
Joan Eubanks was sick last week- end.
Joe Sexson has been moved to a Long Term Care Facility but not improving at this time.
Mike Hettle had a cornea transplant on both eyes the 29th. No info on this being a success or not.
Ken Latham will have chemo and radiation treatment for the re-occurring cancer.
Jim Bob Humphrey had surgery on his leg at a hospital in Minneapolis and will be there for a month for healing.
Debbie Thomas is taking chemo treatments now.
Wynona Bartlett has improved and doing well now.
Marion Henderson has improved some but still coughing so much.
Joe Hawkins is receiving treatment for the infection. He walks with a cane or walker and has improved.
Gladys Norwood fell at her home and broke her pelvic bone. She is home from the hospital.
Jerrel Henderson is not doing well at this time.
Lois Torbert, Hattieville, has improved and doing well. She is in rehab now.
J. R. Eubanks has improved from his fight with the “cold bug” but hoarse.
Darrell Reid has been very sick in St. Mary's Hospital but is home now.
Beckie Reid is still sick with bronchitis.
Hunter Ross has been moved to Chi St. Vincent in Sherwood for physical therapy.
Micah Sexson has improved and most of the pneumonia is gone. Vital signs very good and showing signs of progress.
Quinn Sommers has been sick with cold and fever for several days.
Noland Bradley, son of Matthew and Alyssa Bradley, has a tight muscle on one side of his neck (torticollis) which has led to plagiocephaly. This keeps his head the same way causing the tight muscle. He is now wearing a helmet to try and correct this.
Mike Lovejoy is holding his own but does have problems with COPD.
JOHN and KIMBERLY BREWER,
J. O. DREWRY,
MACK and EURA FAYE NORWOOD,
JAMES and RUBY MAE ELKINS,
TED and BARBARA KNIGHT,
ODELL and JOAN EUBANKS,
JOHN A. LOVEJOY,
Someone has said “Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a different battle.” I resolved to be more kind to the people I meet. Then I thought if I could get that message out to thousands of other people, all of us together could make this a kinder and gentler world. Let's do it; its the Lord's way.
* Love is a commandment (John 13:34).
* Love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost (Rom. 5:5).
* Love is the fulfilling of the law (Rom. 13:10).
* Love is the catalyst that gives meaning to speaking in tongues, to prophesying, to understanding, to faith, to charitable works, and to self-sacrifice (I Cor. 13:1-3).
* Love is kind (I Cor. 13:4).
* Love is greater than faith (I Cor, 13:13).
* Love is greater than hope (I Cor. 13:13).
* Love is the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22).
* Love is the bond of perfectness (Col. 3:14).
* Love is of God (I John 4:7),
* Love is living according to God's commandments (2 John 6).
People do many things to bring happiness. If one could buy happiness, no doubt all rich people would be happy. If one could have happiness by being successful, all successful people would be happy. Happiness is available, but it does not come in the way that many think. A few simple rules to follow to make us happy are:
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we make the most of what we have.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we let God's word set the standard for our life, and stop following the ways of men.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we stop thinking about how miserable we are, and start looking for pleasure in the simple things in life.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we start looking for nice traits in others, and start complimenting everyone on their good acts.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we do not take ourselves too seriously, and stop thinking that everything happens to us is earthshaking.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we stop trying to deal with all problems at once and deal with the problems at hand.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we try to do something good for someone else every day.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we use our mistakes as stepping stones to succeed in life.
* HAPPINESS COMES. .when we keep busy and never forget the importance of our souls and the souls of others.
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life;
Larry Nicholson (501)289-2346
Steve Sexon (501)669-2247
Mike Reid - (479)880-6478